Giving You the Lips You’ve Always Wanted
- Posted on: Aug 15 2018
Not everyone can have lips like Angelina Jolie. But something in the middle would be nice. Whether due to the volume loss that comes with aging, or because of simple genetics, many of us have thin, shapeless lips. Or, if we do have round lips they may lack symmetry from side to side.
Lip augmentation is nothing new. In the past, people have used collagen and fat injections. Silicone implants are still placed, as well. But increasingly it’s dermal fillers that are the augmentation method of choice. Compared with collagen and fat, dermal fillers are safer and provide longer-lasting, predictable results. Dr. Beaty prefers to use hyaluronic acid fillers for lip augmentation.
Hyaluronic acid and the lips
If you’re reading Dr. Beaty’s blog, you’ve heard of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body that is responsible for hydrating and “plumping” the skin. Hyaluronic acid binds with water molecules to do this. That’s what makes these fillers perfect for the lips, as that hydration naturally plumps the lips.
Dr. Beaty uses primarily Juvederm Volbella XC for lip augmentation. Juvederm was the first dermal filler line to specifically target lip volume with Juvederm Ultra XC. But Ultra added a good deal of volume and the results could be “showy” and too much for many people. That’s why Juvederm more recently added Volbella XC. It provides more subtle volume addition to the lips. Restylane Silk is also a popular choice for lip augmentation.
Why is hyaluronic acid so good for lip augmentation?
Dr. Beaty uses hyaluronic acids fillers to add shape, structure, and volume to the lips. These are the benefits of these fillers:
- Control over volume— The amount of filler being injected can be precisely controlled to manage the increased volume.
- Gradual increase— So that the results don’t overwhelm, patients often opt to have very gradual increases made over a series of appointments, rather than a large increase in a single visit.
- Bumps dissolve— Because hyaluronic acid can be dissipated with an injection of an enzyme, bumps and lumps can be easily removed.
- Half-year results— Most hyaluronic acid filler results last for around six months.
- Less swelling and bruising— These fillers are gentler on the patient.
- Unlikely allergic reactions— Because hyaluronic acid naturally occurs in the human body, these fillers very rarely cause any sort of allergic reaction.
Who says you have to live with those thin, shapeless lips? Call Dr. Beaty at (770) 753-0053 and let’s talk about lip augmentation with Juvederm Volbella XC.
Posted in: Dermal Fillers