What are our recommendations for glowing skin?
Gary Washington, aesthetic nurse practitioner, is our guru for skincare. And, if you’ve watched our Youtube channel or follow our TikTok, you might have seen his day and night skincare routine demonstrated. So we asked Gary to describe his favorite products in his routine. Grab your popcorn as it is a long process.
What are Gary’s favorite skincare products?
- EltaMD Foaming face wash Why? It’s gentle, it’s foaming and who doesn’t love a little foam to start the day? It cleans the face and leaves it feeling smooth without damaging the surface.
- Obagi Vit C with hydroquinone The vitamin C kills and neutralizes the bacteria and harmful pollution that land on your skin to cause wrinkles, sun damage, and aging. With this Vitamin C in particular, you get the protection, anti-aging plus lightening and brightening all in one. With the hydroquinone built into the Vitamin C, this step is two in one!
- Hyalis– this product is made by Neocutis. It is a synthetic form of hyaluronic acid. Your body forms HA regularly, but as we age, we produce less and less. This is why younger children and babies have the most perfect skin. Hyaluronic acid is also filler that we place into the face to correct volume loss. When used topically, it locks in moisture and creates a protective barrier on the skin.
- BioSerum– this product is also made by the company Neocutis. It is an anti-aging moisturizer. It has both protein peptides and growth factor built into the moisturizer. These help to not only anti-aging your skin, but protect and hault it from further aging.
- Lumiere– you guessed correctly, it is also by Neocutis. It is actually their number one seller and has been for several years. It has protein peptides and growth factor that are geared for the thinner skin of the under eye area. This product helps with dryness, crepiness, and wrinkling by remodeling the skin.
- NeoFirm– I bet you can tell my favorite skincare company by now, this is also by Neocutis. It also contains growth factors and protein peptides along with firming agents. This formulation is meant directly for the neck. It helps to anti-age by reducing wrinkles and tightening the skin.
- EltaMD tinted SPF– Sun protection factor (SPF) is the holy grail of skincare. Sunscreen physically and chemically block UVA and UVB rays. These rays cause aging, skin damage and even skin cancers. This product is a chemical barrier. It takes UVA and UVB rays and converts them chemically so that they won’t cause damage to the skin. The tinted version helps even out skin tone and create the illusion of a light foundation. EltaMD line of sunscreen is the absolute best period.
How does Gary save a little time with his extensive routine?
You can combine steps 4 (Bioserum),3 (Hyalis), and 2 (Obagi Vitamin C) by mixing together before applying to the skin.
Do you really do this twice a day Gary?
I absolutely personally do all steps morning and night expect step 7. I skip the sunscreen at night
For many of my patients, I do recommend they add in a retinol after step 6 at night. These must be adjusted when you have a procedure whether it be peels or lasers or surgery.